Every bite of these crunchy nut-filled granola cookies tastes so good and feels healthy(ish)! Texture so crunchy and meringue-like with a delicious combination of crunchy nuts, seeds, granola, golden coconut flakes topped with orange peels, dried cranberries, cinnamon and nutmeg.
An auspicious treat for your family’s good health this Lunar New Year.
• 40g Pumpkin Seeds
• 50g Sliced Almond
• 25g Coconut Flakes
• 10g Ristoris Extra Virgin Olive Oil
•20g Orange Peel
• 40g Dried Cranberries
• 200g Sweet Home Farm Blueberry with Flax Granola
• 40g Egg Whites (room temperature)
• 70g Sugar
• 1⁄2 tsp Cinnamon
• 1⁄4 tsp Nutmeg
• 1g Salt
1. In a mixing bowl, toss together pumpkin seeds, sliced almonds and coconut flakes evenly with extra virgin olive oil and spread it on a baking tray lined with baking sheets.
2. Bake for 12-15 mins at 160°c or until golden brown.
3. Once cool, combine orange peel, dried cranberries and granola together, and set aside.
4. Use a mixer with balloon whisk attachment, mix egg white until frothy. At medium high speed, slowly add in the sugar in multiple turns. Stop mixing when the meringue reaches a soft peak, which takes about 5 minutes. Or until sugar crystals have been dissolved. Add in salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until just combined, which takes about 1 minute.
5. Fold the meringue with the dried fruits, nut, seeds, coconut flake and granola mix.
6. Portion the batter with your preferred portioning tool such as an ice cream scoop. About 10g batter on baking sheets. Bake in a preheated oven of 160°c for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.