Deprecated: The $control_id argument is deprecated since version 3.5.0! in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/modules/dev-tools/deprecation.php on line 304 Deprecated: Hook elementor/dynamic_tags/register_tags is deprecated since version 3.5.0! Use elementor/dynamic_tags/register instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5758 Deprecated: Function Elementor\Core\DynamicTags\Manager::register_tag is deprecated since version 3.5.0! Use register instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383
This easy recipe for focaccia bread takes minimal effort and is perfect for beginner bakers! Soft on the inside and crisp on the outside, simply add in the ingredients and let the mixer do all the work. Allow the dough to ferment for 1 to 2 days in the fridge before baking. You will love the soft & pillowy homemade dough infused with olive oil, sea salt and classic toppings.
• 600g Le 5 Stagioni Superior Flour
• 430g Filtered water (Room temperature)
• 4g Instant Yeast
• 5g Coarse Seasalt
• 20g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Sun dried tomatoes
• Sliced Olives (Black/Green)
• Fresh Rosemary
• Flaky Seasalt
• Coarse Black Pepper
• Chilli Flakes
• Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Add the instant yeast into the water and stir until combined. Add the oil into the mixture.
2. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the salt. Using a hook attachment on a stand mixer, mix the dough on low speed for 15 seconds. Add in the yeast and water mixture and turn the speed up to medium.
3. Continue mixing for 10 minutes until the flour is well incorporated and the dough starts to come off the sides of the mixing bowl.
4. Oil a large bowl with generous amount of olive oil, and transfer the dough to the bowl to ferment. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and place it in the fridge. Leave the dough to ferment for 1 to 2 days until ready to bake.
5. Preheat oven to 200°C before baking.
6. Take the dough out of the fridge. Oil a baking pan thoroughly with olive oil covering the bottom and the sides to prevent sticking.
7. Carefully transfer the dough onto the baking sheet without deflating the dough.
8. Using your fingers, carefully mould and dimple the dough into the shape of the baking sheet. Cover the dough using a warm, damp towel and let rise for around 60-90 minutes until the dough has doubled in size.
9. Top the focaccia with any toppings of your choice. We used chopped sun-dried tomatoes, sliced olives, fresh rosemary with sprinkles of flaky sea salt, black pepper and chilli flakes. Lastly, drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on top.
10. Bake in for 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
11. Cool the baked bread on a wire rack and serve with olive oil & Balsamic vinegar for dipping. If you’re feeling more adventurous, slice the bread in half and fill it with your favourite fillings!
Stock up your pantry with le5stagioni Superior Flour for your bakes and discover countless of recipes today!