Deprecated: The $control_id argument is deprecated since version 3.5.0! in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/elementor/modules/dev-tools/deprecation.php on line 304 Deprecated: Hook elementor/dynamic_tags/register_tags is deprecated since version 3.5.0! Use elementor/dynamic_tags/register instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5758 Deprecated: Function Elementor\Core\DynamicTags\Manager::register_tag is deprecated since version 3.5.0! Use register instead. in /var/www/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5383
Blow your guests away with a stunning cake filled with a colourful sweet surprise this Chinese New Year. Kids (and adults) will love slicing into this fun vanilla sponge cake filled with all their favourite goodies. With Les Comtes de Provence Orange Organic Fruit Spread, this cake will also taste as good as it looks! Follow our step-by-step directions below to build this piñata-inspired festive cake.
• 420g Sugar
• 8g Ovalette
• 1½ tsp Baking Powder
• 420g Cake Flour
• 400g Salted Butter (melted)
• 2½ Oranges (juice and zest)
1. Whisk eggs, sugar, salt and ovalette on high speed until creamy and fluffy.
2. Tip in the flour, baking powder and mix on low speed until incorporated.
3. Drizzle in the melted butter and mix until incorporated.
4. Lastly, add in the orange juice and zest into the mixture.
5. Divide batter evenly into two 15cm round metal bowls. Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 40 minutes.
• 400g Salted Butter (softened)
• 450g Icing Sugar
• 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
• Orange Food Gel Colouring
1. With the paddle instrument, mix the butter until homogenous. Then add in the icing sugar and mix low until incorporated.
2. Add in vanilla essence. Continue mixing until fluffy and smooth.
3. Keep aside 200g of buttercream and colour the rest with orange colouring.
• Cake layers
• American Buttercream
• Les Comtes de Provence Organic Orange Fruit Spread
• Colourful Sprinkles
• Chocolates & Candies of your choice
• Green Fondant
1. Slice each cake into 3 equal layers.
2. Using a round cutter, cut out the middle part of the cake for the bottom 2 layers.
3. Using some buttercream, stick the base of the cake to a cake board, apply some buttercream and top with some Les Comtes de Provence Organic Orange Jam.
4. Repeat for the other layers.
5. Fill sprinkles and the candies into the hollow part of the cake. Cover with the last piece of cake and chill to set.
6. Crumb coat the cake with a thin layer of buttercream. Chill the cake for 15 minutes to set.
7. Coat with a final coating of buttercream.
8. Roll and shape 2 leaves with the green fondant and place on top of the cake.
9. Chill the cake and cut open to reveal the surprise inside!