Standard Terms & Conditions
1. This Contest will be governed by these standard terms and conditions and the Contest Terms (collectively “these Terms”). Each Contestant agrees that he/she has read and understood these Terms and by their participation in the Contest, each Contestant agrees to be bound by these Terms.
2. The Organiser of the Contest is Gan Teck Kar Foods Sdn Bhd (“GTKFSB”)
3. The Contest shall run strictly in accordance with the stipulated timeframe as stated in the Contest Terms.
4. Employees (including their immediate families) of GTKFSB and its respective divisions, affiliates, authorised dealers/distributors, agents; sponsor of the Prize(s); and any other company professionally connected with this Contest will not be eligible. All Contestants shall be responsible for ensuring that their entry and/or acceptance of the Prize (as defined below) do not contravene any local law or regulation.
5. All personal details submitted must be accurate and complete and are subject to proof upon request by GTKFSB. GTFSB reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Contestants and to reject or disqualify any incomplete, invalid or inaccurate entry forms without giving any reason or cause and without any liability or compensation whatsoever to any participant or any other party.
6. Any entry which is incomplete, indecipherable, illegible or incorrect entries or violates these Terms, will automatically be disqualified. Entries received after the Contest period will be disqualified.
7. GTKFSB will not accept any responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. GTKFSB shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise that prevents submission to the Contest.
8. GTKFSB’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence (verbal or written) will be entertained. Selected contestants will be notified via email or telephone (as provided by the contestant in his/her submission) or in the manner as deemed appropriate by GTKFSB.
9. GTKFSB reserves the right to select an alternative Winner at its sole discretion at any time, where GTKFSB has reasonable grounds for believing that the initially selected Winner has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative Winner will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original Winner.
10. GTKFSB reserves the right to deal with any unclaimed Prize in any manner it deems fit.
11. The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash, credit or any other items. Prize not redeemed during the validity period will be forfeited. GTKFSB reserves the right to substitute any winning prize with a prize of similar value, with or without notice.
12. **Where the Prize consists of any overseas travel: (a) the Winner(s) and travel companion(s) (where applicable) must possess valid travel documentation and visa prior to departure, failing which the entire Prize will be forfeited. The Winner(s) and travel companion(s) shall act in a responsible and legitimate manner during the period of the trip. GTKFSB shall not be responsible, whatsoever, for anything in the event the Winner(s) and/or travel companion(s) are involved in whole or part in any illegal activities or misconduct that results in breaking the laws of any of the visiting countries.
15. By participating in this Contest and/or acceptance of the Prize shall constitute consent on the Contestant and/or the Winner’s part (including Winner’s companion’s part, as the case may be), to allow the use of the Contestant and/or Winner’s (and Winner’s companion’s) entry, names, images, video footage, voices and/or likeness by GTKFSB for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes, without further compensation, in any media for an unlimited period of time, except where prohibited by law.
17. Acceptance of any Prize shall constitute a release and discharge of GTKFSB by each Winner (and/or their companions) from any and all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, and/or damages which the Winner (and/or their companions) may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to: (i) the Contest, (ii) personal injury and/or property damage, theft or loss suffered by the Winner (and/or their companions) as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the Prize, Prize and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
18. GTKFSB and its affiliates (including its employees and agents) shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (indirect or consequential) incurred or suffered by any participant or any other party. Without prejudice to the afore-mentioned, GTKFSB reserves the right to cancel, suspend, terminate or postpone this Contest and shall not be held liable for (i) any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of their obligations to the Contestant and/or Winner under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond the reasonable control of GTKFSB, its respective divisions, affiliates, authorized dealers/distributors, agents, sponsor of the Prize(s), including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused, including without limitation as a result of pandemic or any such Force Majeure condition, or (ii) from any loss, damage to property, injury, or death resulting from or related to entrant’s participation or inability to participate in this Contest, or the use, misuse or inability to use the Prize or any portion thereof, provided, however, that nothing in these Terms shall limit GTKFSB’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its own negligence, deceit or fraud.
19. Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
20. No waiver of any rights by GTKFSB or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the GTKFSB waives their right to object to a particular breach of these terms and conditions by one entrant, it does not prevent the GTKFSB from objecting to any other breaches by that entrant or any other entrant.
21. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and any advertising, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with the Contest, these Terms shall prevail. In the event of any inconsistency between these Standard Terms and Conditions and the Contest Terms, the Contest Terms shall prevail.
22. Any queries regarding the Contest should specify the name of the Contest and be addressed to Jerry Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sheryl Doi (email@example.com) .
This Standard Terms & Conditions was last updated in October 2021